- Heylen, F., Willems, E., & Beyers, J. (2020). Do Professionals Take Over? Professionalisation and Membership Influence in Civil Society Organisations, Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, 31, 1226-1238. link
- Willems, E., Beyers, J., & Heylen, F. (2020). Interest representation in Belgium Mapping the size and diversity of an interest group population in a multi-layered neo-corporatist polity. Politics of the Low Countries. link
- Willems, E. (2020). Politicized policy access: The effect of politicization on interest group access to advisory councils. Public Administration, 98(4), 865-872. link
- Willems, E., & De Bruycker, I. (2019). Balancing constituency and congruence: How constituency involvement affects positional congruence between organized interests and the general public. Governance, 34(1), 107-126. link
- Heylen, F., & Willems, E. (2019). Writing blank checks? How government funding affects interest organisations’ advocacy behaviour in a multi-layered context. Journal of European Public Policy, 26(6), 863-882. link
Willems, E. (2021). Walking a tightrope between representing organizational constituencies and the general public: Analyzing interest groups’ functioning as intermediaries between citizens and public policymaking.
Rasmussen A., Willems E. (2021). Interest Groups, Public Opinion, and Political Representation. In: Harris P., Bitonti A., Fleisher C.S., Binderkrantz A.S. (eds.). The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Interest Groups, Lobbying and Public Affairs. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham. link